Mabuhay

Hello world! This is it. I've always wanted to blog. I don't want no fame but just to let myself heard. No! Just to express myself. So, I don't really care if someone believes in what I'm going to write here nor if ever someone gets interested reading it. My blogs may be a novel-like, a one-liner, it doesn't matter. Still, I'm willing to listen to your views, as long as it justifies mine... Well, enjoy your stay, and I hope you'll learn something new because I just did and sharing it with you.. Welcome!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Scripting 101: Monitoring Autosys Jobs - Correction in SU_MAILER

Whoa! My prayer was answered! Problem is solved!

Helpful shell scripting guru, from a forum I'm in, was able to address my dilemma for the duplicate entries. I created a confusion which unknowingly had a BIG impact in it's evaluation of regex. Without much-ado, here it is:

sed '/'"$JOBNAME"'/{x;/Y/!{s/^/Y/;h;d;};x;}' JOBLIST.txt

Perfect! I'm just waiting for the explanation. I'm lazy right now to search for these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

World Clock